Posts Tagged ‘google’
For advanced users wishing to use the Google Apps email service in conjunction with your web hosting account, we now offer a wizard available in your cPanel that will automate the domain setup and DNS record modifications.
Please note that switching to Google Apps will replace your existing email service with Varial Hosting.
We are pleased to announce that updates for our Ominocity mobile apps have just been released.
This update provides iOS 5 compatibility for the iPhone and several bug fixes to the Android app.
Download Ominocity for iPhone and Android at: http://www.ominocity.com/apps/
RSS is a handy technology allowing users to subscribe to your blog so they can keep reading your content and return to your website when an article interests them. RSS helps to maintain loyal readers and drive traffic back to your blog, however it offers little for website owners to track the activity of their subscribers.
Google has resolved this problem with their FeedBurner service which replaces your blog’s feed with an enhanced feed provided by FeedBurner. With FeedBurner you can track the number of subscribers to your blog, see what articles they read, insert Google Ads and quick sharing links into the articles in your feed, allow email subscriptions, and optimize your feed for podcasting.
If you write a blog, enhancing your feed with FeedBurner is essential to get the most out of your RSS feed. Sign up for free at http://feedburner.google.com/.
- Google buys Motorola Mobility for a measly 12.5 billion dollars.
- HP axes webOS hardware, leaving an uncertain future for the OS.
- Foursquare launches event check-ins.
- Travelling abroad? Skype launches pay-per-minute Wifi service through new Skype Wi-Fi app for iPhone.
- Is it raining cats and dogs? Check the weather directly in Google Maps!
Our free Google+ invites have been going fast, so now that you’re on the hottest new social network you’re going to need some people to follow to keep things interesting. The following are high profile users on Google+ who post interesting content that you may want to follow:
Tom Anderson – Yup, it’s MySpace Tom. While he may be quite “noisy”, he posts a lot of interesting conversations on business and social media that’s worth checking out. He even has the same profile pic from MySpace!
Kevin Rose – Digg founder and Internet celebrity Kevin Rose keeps you up to date on all things cool in tech. His “Foundation” podcast is extremely motivational for budding entrepreneurs.
Scott Beale – Scott Beale of Laughing Squid continually shares some of the coolest things on the Internet. Re-share them and watch the +1′s roll in!
Darren Rowse – This ProBlogger shares quality tips on how to improve as a blogger and make money at it!
Veronica Belmont – Tekzilla host and gamer girl that pretty much every guy has a crush on.
Not on the plus yet? Fortunately for you Google now allows existing users to invite others to Google+ using a simple custom link. We have 150 invites available to send so click here to claim yours now!
Once on Google+ feel free to follow our CEO and check out our Google+ Tips and Tricks Roundup article to help you get started!
Click here to claim your Google+ invite!
- Google+ hits 25 million users to become the fastest growing website ever.
- Google launches Instant Pages for Chrome. Top search results are now pre-loaded for instant page views.
- Skype releases official iPad app. iPad 2 users get their video chat on.
- Twitter launches HTML5 version for iPad. I’d rather use the official app.
- Google announces Page Speed Service, a CDN to help speed up the web.
- RIM lays off 2000 workers. Blackberry users continue wishing they had iPhones.
- Nintendo to slash price of 3DS from $249 to $169 on August 12th.
- Jailbreakers find Facebook’s iPad app hidden inside the latest version of their iPhone app.
- Facebook for Business launches, helping technophobes make their businesses more social.
While WordPress does a great job of making search engine friendly URLs through its customizable permalink structure, a free plugin called Google XML Sitemaps can help to greatly improve your search engine results.
Google XML Sitemaps generates an index of your blog’s content and automatically notifies Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Ask.com when new posts are published. After configuring a lengthy list of options, you’ll find that your posts now show up in search engines in a matter of hours, not days.
If you run a WordPress blog, Google XML Sitemaps is a must have plugin to improve your search engine optimization strategy.
Google+ launched in late June to much fanfare among tech industry insiders and those lucky enough to score an invite. Now that you’ve pimped out your profile and organized your friends into circles based on their attractiveness, here are a few tips and tricks to help you get the most out of the hottest new social network:
- New to the plus and completely lost? This collaborative document explains just what the heck Google+ is and walks you through its major features.
- Want a short URL for your Google+ profile? Google hasn’t solved that yet but gplus.to has!
- Is your stream a bit too quiet? Lifehacker wrote an article on how to import your Facebook friends into Google+ so you have yet another place to creep on them.
- Hoping to get your business/brand on Google+ and start making the big bucks? Google warns to keep your panties on as profiles for businesses are still in the works.
- Were you the most popular kid in high school? How about on Google+? Chances are you’re no Mark Zuckerberg but SocialStatistics.com shows where you rank and what the most popular posts on the service are.
Stay tuned for more social media tips every Monday! Subscribe by RSS, Email, Facebook, or Twitter.