Happy New Year! We wish you the best in 2012 and hope the holidays were full of cheer!
2011 was extremely kind to our business and we would like to share with you our highlights from the past year and thank you for your continued support.
- Like every year before it, 2011 was our biggest and best year. Our sales grew substantially over last year which we attribute to a lot of hard work, increased networking efforts, and the diminishing effect of the worldwide economic recession. A big thank you to our clients!
- We moved into a wonderful co-working space called The Two Twenty in September. We love it so much here that we will be expanding into a larger suite in the building later in the year. Check out a video tour of the building that was filmed during the wild grand opening party that was held in November.
- To celebrate the 8 year anniversary of our web hosting division, we revamped our hosting plans giving all customers a free upgrade featuring as much 5x the resources. We also implemented new hosting technologies in order to improve server stability and performance.
- We acquired our second hosting business in April, purchasing the customers of Collision Hosting, a small US firm.
- We launched Ominocity, a local music blog with accompanying iPhone and Android apps in March. 6 months later Ominocity was voted as Best Local Website in Planet S Magazine’s “Best of Saskatoon” reader poll.
- Varial was a sponsor again to the massive Halifax Pop Explosion music festival and also sponsored the YYJ Freelance Camp and BarCamp Saskatoon networking events. Ominocity staff even gave the closing presentation at BarCamp Saskatoon!